Womxn of Colour Art Award
This new bi-annual art award recognizes the inequities and additional barriers that Womxn of Colour and non binary people often face in their practice as visual artists. It aims to provide financial and developmental support to assist UK based artists and artist collectives of all ages at a key point in their career. We welcome applications from all artists who self-identify as Womxn of Colour and non binary people including those who are emerging and self- taught.
- Portfolio review and mentoring lunch
- Artists development support (fundraising, curatorial, PR and marketing)
- Work space
- Feature on 198 website for winner and four runners up
- Exhibition at 198 for winner and four runners up
In order to be considered for the award, all entrants must:
- Submit a project proposal of either 150 words or a 1-minute video
- 5 images of your work or 1 minute show reel
- All entrants must be UK based
- Over 18 and not in full time education
- Open to all those who identify as Womxn of Colour and non binary
- Have a minimum of 3 years artistic practice
Submission Deadline is October 30th. Award winner announced December 2019.
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org